Well it's the last day of 2009 and it doesn't feel like an extraordinary day. I'm at my parents house, Vincent is asleep in my room, my mum and sister are out buying hair dye and chocolate milk, my dad and my sister's boyfriend are out getting air conditioner parts. My husband is working and will be driving down here tonight.
We don't have any plans for ringing in the new year, we never do. I think 85% of the time I'm already in bed. This year we probably will be playing Guitar Hero! My sister is having a party at her house ((She's going back tonight)) but I don't want to party, I'd rather just chillout. Besides, i don't want to deal with drunk messy people anymore, that's just not me anymore ((ignore the fact that Betty pointed out that I was the messiest one there was before I fell pregnant with Vincent)).
New Year's Eve marks the start of my 6th year of being with Tim. We started dating on New Year's Eve at Palm Beach on the Gold Coast. We ran out of alcohol I think. Tim and one of our friends at the time pulled somebody's fence up and burnt it on the bonfire we shared with some randoms on the beach. They were burning their own garden chairs etc, we thought they'd stolen them.
I hated Tim before then. I went to NYE with my sister who was going with her boyfriend at the time. He happened to be Tim's best friend. I grudgingly went along and then I saw Tim in the water at the beach and I was like, "ummmm, he's pretty cute!"
Anyway, what are your plans for ringing in the new year? Some people believe it's a dumb time to make fresh starts, that you should be startign thigns when you are ready for them! That is very true, but I don't have any vices I need to quit or anything dramatic, just a few new ideas for 2010.
Here they are::
Max California's New Year's Resolutions
1. Recycle/Make our clothes:: For 2010 I will be making from scratch, reconstructing or thrifting Tim's, Vincent's and my clothes! We won't be buying anything new. Hopefully this can stretch to shoes and toys, but I'm not going to promise anything in that department.
2. Get Fit, Get Healthy:: My poor son has to drink my breastmilk. He has no say how nutritious it is to him, and I've just been taking advantage of the fact that he gets the nutrients before me. This has left me pretty unhealthy. I am unmotivated to eat much at all and when I do it's not healthy. So I'm determined to get outside in the fresh air more and make an effort to make delicious nutritious meals for me and mine.
3. Get Organised:: I'm going to cover the fridge in chore lists and reminders. I'm going to write a family budget and we're going to stick to it. I'm going to write shopping lists so we stop filling the cupboard with 500 bagsof pasta because we can't remember how much we have. I'm going to get a calendar and write everything in it. I need a 2010 diary too I just remembered.
4. Keep My Plants Alive:: I'm a terrible gardener. I just forget about my poor thirsty little plants. This year I'm going to have a successful flower and vegetable garden!
5. Throw some parties:: I want to be a good little hostess, and since Vincent won't be celebrating christmas and birthdays, I want to throw parties for him so he can still have fun and won't feel left out. I never felt left out when I was growing up, because my parents threw my sister + I wonderful parties! I know he's a bit young to notice, but I like parties!
I'm sure I will think of more, but this seems like a good start.
What about you? Have you blogged about your New Year yet? Leave the link here!